Membership Associate Featured
1400 65th Street Ste 200
BioMADE is a fast-growing organization with ample opportunities for professional development and learning new skills in a driven, innovative workplace culture. We are an exciting, new collaborative research institute dedicated to building capacity across the nation toward advancing bioindustrial manufacturing technologies. BioMADE supports the growth and sustainment of domestic bioindustrial manufacturing, performs research and development (“R&D”) activities, facilitates the distribution of R&D funding to member institutions, and supports national defense needs. Composed of a range industry, academic, government, and non-profit member partners from around the nation, The Bioindustrial Manufacturing And Design Ecosystem, or BioMADE, joins eight Department of Defense (DoD)-sponsored Manufacturing Innovation Institutes (MII) as part of the Manufacturing USA network.
Job Description Summary
BioMADE is seeking a motivated Membership Associate to support the Membership Manager and membership activities. This individual will contribute to membership and engagement efforts related to new member recruitment, relationship management, CRM data input and analysis, and member retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day operations of the membership program, including tracking membership agreement requirements, renewal dates, and invoices and sending required documents to members.
- Lead the day-to-day operations and data entry for the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database for members, including recording and updating contacts, engagement, coordination, and invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the day-to-day operations and content creation for the Salesforce Member Portal, including creating member accounts, adding and monitoring posts, and general user support.
- Create and run reports, and process lists from CRM and other member data sources to assist with information needed for membership & engagement, communications, proposals, programs, and event activities for executive leadership status updates.
- Assist with developing resources and communications to support member teaming and engagement opportunities across the BioMADE ecosystem.
- Research information on companies across the biotechnology landscape and prepare summaries on their technologies, business areas, and financials. This information will be collected through databases, LinkedIn, company websites, and business journals.
- Research and summarize information on current BioMADE member organizations, including tracking data on how their technologies and workforce development programs intersect with BioMADE’s Technology & Innovation, Education & Workforce Development, and 4S programs.
- Assist with membership engagement and stewardship activities, including events, 1:1 engagement and correspondence, contact reports, and communications.
- Assist with events, meetings, and general operations support as needed.
- Other duties may include:
- Researching and analyzing processes to improve operational performance.
- Preparing, editing, and modifying documents related to membership needs and engagement activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field plus four years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Demonstrated analytical and research expertise
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms or complex databases; Salesforce experience is preferred
- Strong customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 platform
- Ability to take direction and perform tasks independently, with a focus on process improvement
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Interest in science and technology commercialization or innovation settings Experience supporting professional association or membership organizations
- Understanding of market research and business development practices
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.