The Training Assistant Coordinator, Fuels and Vegetation Management Training Program will be responsible assisting the manager in implementing a statewide adult education program about vegetation and fuels management. Starting September 1, 2021, and proceeding through early 2025, the education program will entail the following:
· a few 40-hour in-person trainings;
· two, 2-4 hour webinars each month;
· one, half to full day in-person workshop each month, and;
· 2 full day symposia each year.
Term of Employment: the grant funding for this position ends March 2025, but if additional funding can be identified, there is an option for employment past that date.
· Locating venues for events
· Managing technology during virtual webinars
· Locating participants and trainers for events
· Communicating with event team to assure event success
· Outreach and marketing, including email, phone, web, and social media
· Setting up, maintaining, and cleaning up at in person workshops
· Travel to/from workshop venues for scoping and implementation
· Educational materials production
· Coordinating with and managing contractors
· Implementing and analyzing team debrief and participant evaluations
· Perform other duties assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Some understanding of wildland management issues is a plus
· Ability to perform complex, highly responsible and confidential duties
· Excellent computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet software
· Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet timelines
· Ability to work with others in managing tasks
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with the public
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
· Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
· Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
· A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
· The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Salary: $16.88-$19.23 per hour
APPLE HERE: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/search
Subject to continued grant/center funding. This position ends March 2025, but if additional funding can be identified, there is an option for employment past that date. Position is located in Davenport, California.
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.