The Fuels and Vegetation Management Training Program Coordinator will be responsible for design, implementation, evaluation, and adaptive management of a statewide adult education program about vegetation and fuels management. Starting September 1, 2021, and proceeding through early 2025, the education program will entail the following:
- two, 2-4 hour webinars each month;
- one, half to full day in-person workshop each month, and;
- 2 full day symposia each year.
Term of Employment: the grant funding for this position ends March 2025, but if additional funding can be identified, there is an option for employment past that date.
APPLY HERE: https://www.calpolycorporationjobs.org/postings/1630
- Supervise two full time assistants for program success,
- Maintaining programs within budget,
- Working with an advisory board and through social-science informed audience needs assessment to adapt program to best meet audience needs,
- Using best practices for instructional design for adult education programs,1
- Designing workshops and symposia for maximum impact including:2
- selection of presenters with excellent presentation skills who are seen by audience as credible sources of information;
- education program information gathering is legitimate, and;
- vetting of presentations for salience.
- Developing and implementing participant evaluations with regular reporting,
- Identifying appropriate partners and sites for workshops and symposia; site coordination, and
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Directly supervise assigned employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Corporation’s policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Supervise the daily activities of employees, including but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, training and resources necessary to meet performance standards and assistance in improving performance relevant to job requirements
- Develop and implement effective performance and department goals and objectives, provide performance evaluations, and implement appropriate counseling
- Direct and monitor employees to ensure that they remain in compliance with policies and procedures
- Subordinates may include: 2 training program assistant coordinators
1 For example, see Molenda and Pershing 2004 The Strategic Impact Model: An Integrative Approach to Performance Improvement (PI) and Instructional Systems Design (ISD). TechTrends. 48(3) p. 26-32.
2 See Cash et al., 2001. Salience, Credibility, Legitimacy and Boundaries: Linking Research, Assessment and Decision Making. John F. Kennedy School of Government Harvard University Faculty Research Working Papers Series. Available on request to applicants.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year university
- Minimum – 8 years of progressive, responsible – experience in adult education
- Understanding of subjects related to fuels and vegetation management
- Ability to perform complex, highly responsible, and confidential duties
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and meet time lines
- Ability to lead others in managing tasks; train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with others
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interface with all levels of staff, advisory committees, university community, including students, faculty and staff, and the public
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance to work tasks
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
- The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Subject to continued grant/center funding. This position ends March 2025, but if additional funding can be identified, there is an option for employment past that date.
Cal Poly Corporation provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid sick leave/vacation and holidays. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, educational and employment verification, and reference check, as required.
AA/EEO/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer