Westech Systems Inc
827 Jefferson Ave/ Clovis
Westech Systems, Inc. is currently looking for qualified applicants for the following position.
Under supervision of senior engineering staff, an Electrical Designer/Engineer performs all aspects of building electrical design, provides drafting and design support to the Electrical team, and collaborates with other disciplines to coordinate electrical designs.
- Complete electrical design tasks and calculations for all aspects of building electrical design, including power and lighting design with minimal supervision from senior staff.
- Independently research design options and apply engineering judgment to determine viable electrical designs.
- Apply principles of the building codes and standards applicable to electrical design, including the California Electrical Code, and California Energy Code.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining electrical budgets in collaboration with the Electrical team leader.
- Act as the Electrical team point of contact on an assigned project for both in-house and outside consultants. Coordinate project electrical requirements with client.
- Communicates frequently with Project Manager regarding any pertinent project information including client and sub consultant communications as well as progression of project budget and deliverables.
- Attend site meetings and site investigations. Perform site investigation tasks.
- Perform Construction Administration for assigned projects - reviewing submittals and processing RFIs.
- Support other divisions of the company as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- The ability to work well with others (team player)
- The ability to following instructions
- Excellent writing and verbal skills Proficiency in reading/interpreting a construction document set.
- Proficient in, or have the ability to become proficient in, office drafting standards (AutoCAD, REVIT, others).
- Develop drawings from minimal direction by the Project Engineer.
- Experience with AutoCAD is required.
- Experience with REVIT is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, required. Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of electrical design for power distribution systems and solar photovoltaic systems.
- Experience working in the construction market sector designing or drafting plans from Engineers.
- Willingness to learn new skills and advance skill set and responsibility.
- Knowledge of basic engineering terminology required.
Typically work functions will be conducted in an office setting on a Monday through Friday workweek. Full Benefits after 90 days , Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental and 401K Retirement Plan.
Please submit Resume and References to Srendon@westechsys.com
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.