Join Us in Providing Community Centric Eye Care.
Eye Physicians of the East Bay, we are focused on coaching and empowering our staff to enhance their skill set and perform at their best. You’ll be working alongside East Bay’s most gifted Ophthalmologists who believe in delivering equal healthcare to all. Our practice has been proudly serving the community for over 50 years and look forward to continuing our legacy as we build our team.
A Day in the Life of a Medical Tech:
- Escorting patients to exam rooms and determining history of present illness.
- Perform visual acuity testing, auto refractions, other diagnostic testing and imaging such as visual fields, keratometry, biometry, optical coherence tomography (OCT), and ophthalmic photography.
- Scribing physician-patient encounters during examinations.
- Performing workflow associated with surgical procedures (testing, patient education, and post-operative care).
- Handling patient inquiries via telephone, email, and EMR.
- Submitting referrals to physicians, ensuring continuity of care and follow-up.
- Complete prior-authorizations and requests for prescription refills with required documentation in EMR.
- Educate patients regarding administration of medications and pre and post-operative instructions as directed by physician.
- Manage inventory of medicines and replace as necessary.
- Maintain inventory and facilitate ordering of diagnostic medications and supplies.
- Maintain clinical examination equipment.
- Open and close exam lanes daily, ensuring that equipment is sterilized and stored in an appropriate manner
- Comply with all safety procedures as per guidelines.
Your Skills and Talent:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to facilitate interactions with patients, physicians and colleagues.
- Possess emotional intelligence, be self-driven and eager to learn and succeed.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and work independently.
- Fast typist and computer literate.
- Great customer service and telephone manner.
- Organized and conscientious about record keeping and follow-up.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality and energy.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook).
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- One or more years of healthcare experience is desired but not required.
- Ophthalmic experience is a plus.
Eye Physicians of the East Bay does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you are interested in applying, please forward a cover letter and your resume to:
Lashini Samerawickreme, MHA
Eye Physicians of the East Bay
80 Grand Ave., Suite 700
Oakland, CA 94612
Office Tel. (510) 893-4318 Ext. 226
Fax (510) 833-7703